WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Middle Management, Lower Management personnel
- Project Managers, Project Engineers etc
who are responsible and accountable for planning, executing and completing new projects within a given time-frame and budget. The types of projects can include product transfers, plant relocation, upgrading of equipment, mergers and acquisition, marketing launch and new product development.
The objective of the course is to provide participants with the necessary tools and knowledge to successfully manage project execution of every type and complete these projects within a given time-frame. Systematic techniques of project management like CPM and PERT are used in the course with examples and practical work.
Lectures, discussions, use of Microsoft Project (if available), practical exercises, team competition.
The key topics will include the following:-
- Introduction to the subject of Project Management – activities and events, terminology, network logic
- Estimating duration of activities; followed by project duration; determining the critical path; floats
- Use of 3 time estimate to calculate probability of project completion by a certain target due date
- Resource Allocation problem
- Crashing of the project time with trade offs with cost of crashing
- Monitoring and Feedback
Program Code: 4-1000-01