WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, buyers and store personnel responsible for logistics, material management and inventory control within an organization
To expose the participants to new areas of logistics and materials management especially in the changing era of material movement worldwide. New developments in the field of material management which, if implemented and coordinated properly, will lead to substantial savings in holding and procurement costs and improvements in cash flow.
Lectures, discussions, practical exercises, case studies, team competition
The key topics will include the following:-
- Objectives of Material Management
- Relationship with other departments within an organization.
- Inventory management techniques: reorder level, JIT, stockholding ratios
- Purchasing – vendor relationship
- Material Handling and storage costs
- Shipping terminology and legal aspects of international trade
- Inventory cost reduction techniques; cash flow theory.
- Performance evaluation
Program Code: 4-1000-02