DURATION: 2 DAYS
When is a group a group, and when is a team a team? It has become fashionable to call a group a ‘team’, but in most cases all that has happened is a name change – and we wonder why the group is not working as a team. A team may be a group, but a group is not a team. This program is designed for people who have to build, manage and lead a team. It offers you powerful strategies, creative solutions and valuable skills and techniques for fostering team spirit and energizing the team with a renewed sense of belonging, commitment and direction. You will receive a comprehensive inter-active workbook that’s filled with quick and graphic references to the material covered.
BY THE CONCLUSION OF THIS TWO DAY WORKSHOP YOU WILL HAVE LEARNT:
• How leaders differ from managers
• The 5 Laws of Leadership and how to use them
• How to create a sense of true team spirit within every member of your team
• How to identify what makes a team a team
• How to recognise and use the 4 stages of team development
• How to identify the 11 elements of a high performing team
• How to recognise the negative factors which can de-motivate a team and be given
strategies for overcoming them
• How to recognise the strengths and shortcomings of each member of your team
• How to communicate more effectively with your team
• How to resolve conflicts and differences
• How to build empathy and cooperation within the team
• How to create cohesiveness
• How to influence and motivate the team
• How to keep the team performing at its maximum potential
DURING THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL DISCOVER:
- Why there is no such thing as unmotivated people.
- How and why leaders win where managers fail.
- How to go from being a manager to a leader.
- How to analyse what stage your team is at the moment
- How to progress your team to its next stage of development.
- How to capitalise on individual skills.
- How to place people in jobs they are best suited for.
- The importance of team goals and direction.
- How to analyse what action is needed to make your team a cohesive high performing team.
- How to develop an Action Strategy to ensure your team continues to perform at its best.
This program empowers people to see their natural abilities and how to work within a team and use those abilities to ensure their team’s success.
Program Code: 1-1000-10